Thursday, July 23, 2015

Moments in Life

Last week I was just suddenly struck with the desire to catch up with one of my friends.


 It just popped into my head and I started taking action. I contacted her.


I heard back immediately and it turned out she was on vacation just 45 minutes away! How's that for a connection?! 

Do you remember the commercials for those time life books? I used to LOVE this one. I found it and I still had it almost memorized! (My favorite part was always the mother who felt pain when her daughter across the country touched a hot pan).


You can watch it here and re-live the awesomeness!

So we got to meet at my house one afternoon last week. 


I had met her kids when I was able to visit her in Germany a few years ago (phenomenal trip!!). But, she had never met mine.
 

Her son came to meet my kids too and they had a wonderful afternoon playing Minecraft & Nerf Guns.


I hope this inspires you to pick up the phone and text, Facebook message, or chat with someone you haven't seen or heard from in awhile. It's really rejuvenating to see far away friends and pick up where you left off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment